it’s been too long…

Just sat down here to write with 2 hands, and hear the baby stirring, so this may be pretty condensed.  I have some cute new pics to upload and may be able to do that with 1 hand during a feeding today…but we’re all alive and well.  I can’t believe how fast my boys are all growing up!  The other night, Andy was with the college group, and the boys and I went for awhile, but left early for me to get them in bed.  I was a little nervous how it was going to work out to come home, feed Jude, get the boys who were covered in sand baths and to bed before we reached the “cranky-point-of-no-return-I-just-need-to-get-to-sleep” state.  Well, we got home and Miles and Jack both took their own showers, got dressed on their own, brushed their teeth and read books on their own–so I found sand in their ears the next day…but for the most part, I was impressed and very thankful!  Within 1 hr. all 3 boys were bathed and in bed.  So, it doesn’t always go that smoothly, but it makes me appreciate when it does!

The treehouse is almost done!  2 walls to go.  I climbed up there this a.m. and will have to say I know it’s sturdy, but it’s wobbly, and I’ll probably just add it to my list of things I wouldn’t do if I weren’t a mom.  But it will be fun for the boys to hang out up there.  Their own private clubhouse–and it’s so cool how Andy found everything for free–scraps from an old barn that fell down from a tornado in NAppanee. 

Tomorrow is our first date post-baby!  I’m so excited!  We decided to do dates on Fri. mornings while the boys are in preschool, so someone would only have to watch Jude.  I’ll have to say, I’m a little nervous about leaving him.  I know they’ll be fine, but I miss him when he naps for longer than an hour even!  But I am looking forward to hanging out with Andy without listening to the baby monitor…

Jude’s still doing 3 feedings a night–exhausting.  Last night, I went to bed at 9.30 and actually pieced together 7 hrs. out of the deal, but I hear of these babies younger than Jude sleeping 8 hours straight–hey, I’d take 4!!!  But I will have to say how THANKFUL I am that he’s not colicky like the other 2.  Praise the LOrd!  I wasn’t sure what I’d do with a 3rd colicky one…

Jack’s home from school this a.m. with a fever, and there’s now a baby crying in the other room and a green and yellow frog in my face.  Both boys need some attention.  So, there’s some snippets of our life.


One thought on “it’s been too long…

  1. tsdg

    Precious baby boy!  I am so happy for you and your boys to shower and dress themselves…what an accomplishment!  Those little steps of independence help Mama’s out so much, even if they still had some sand in their ears!  You’ll have to let us know how baby Jude does when you are on a date.  I hope it is a blast and what a great time to do it!  


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s